Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss helps its clients comply with numerous, complex environmental laws and regulations. We work with developers, manufacturers, lenders, borrowers, entrepreneurs, inventors and municipalities to ensure cost-effective compliance with environmental laws and maximum protection from liability. We have experience with obtaining funding for and permitting of green energy projects and with green development and redevelopment standards. We have a breadth of experience in funding brownfield redvelopment projects.
We are experienced in dealing with state and federal superfund liability issues, in negotiating with state and federal agencies and in litigating complex questions involving the scope and extent of liability for cleanup expenses. Our attorneys know how to access state and private sources of funding to execute environmental remedies. We are well versed in the changing liability protection statutes and experienced with ensuring our clients’ regulatory compliance. We represent manufacturers and other companies in sales and acquisitions with significant environmental implications.
State and federal environmental regulations are often a complex minefield. Regulations and enforcement priorities change moment to moment and require expertise to avoid and solve problems and take maximum advantage of opportunities. Our Environmental and Energy Practice Group possesses that expertise and experience.
- Green energy
- Green construction and resource usage minimization
- State and federal superfund defense and cost recovery
- Brownfield redevelopment and funding
- Solid and hazardous waste management issues
- Wetland permitting
- Underground storage tank closure
- Clean Air Act permitting and defense
- Asbestos, lead paint and mold issues
- Negotiating settlements and orders with environmental agencies
- Structuring purchases, financings, and sales of property with environmental challenges
- Environmental issues relating to insolvent and troubled enterprises
- Environmental site assessments
- Insurance recovery for contaminated sites
- Wastewater treatment